ENERGETIC BOUNDARIES & SELF-CARE
An Experiential Workshop for Therapists
Sunday, January 21, 2018
12:30-4:30pm (4 hours)
Due to an issue with the venue, this course has been postponed. Please check back in the spring for an updated date.
As empaths, we therapists tend to be very sensitive to energies and "vibes" we pick up in our loved ones, our environments, and, of course, our clients. But this same talent often comes with a shadow side of having trouble recognizing where our own energy field ends and another person's begins, and knowing how to enforce this boundary when we need to.
Developing healthy energetic boundaries is both an act of self-care and a powerful way to hone our clinical attunement.
This workshop is for you if:
- You'd like to feel less drained at the end of your workdays and more alert and available for the rest of your life.
- You want more energy and psychic capacity so you can manage a larger caseload.
- You find yourself fixating on some or all of your clients, even during your time off.
- You need a new perspective on intense countertransference or impasses with certain clients who have you stumped.
- You're worried about burnout.
- You're wishing for a bridge between your personal spiritual, witchy, or subtle-energy practices (like yoga, qigong, meditation, or ritual) and your clinical work.
What we'll do
In the first half of this intimate 4-hour workshop, we'll cover a brief introduction to energy medicine, then dive into meditative and movement practices that allow us to start sensing and shifting our own energy fields. We'll also practice interacting with and sensing each other's energy fields. Be sure to wear comfortable clothing, and be prepared to take off your shoes.
The second half of the workshop will focus on discussing clinical applications and introducing/practicing concrete energetic self-care strategies.
Topics we'll cover
- How to attune to your energy body and the energy bodies of your clients, colleagues, loved ones, etc.;
- Concrete strategies and tools for cleansing and strengthening your energy body in clinical work and daily life;
- Using your energy body for tracking transference/countertransference and enactment dynamics;
- Burnout prevention tips focusing on energetic self-care.
About the Instructor
Gwyn Fallbrooke, M.A., has studied meditation and energy work for over 15 years across a number of different modalities, teachers, and traditions. Since beginning clinical practice, Gwyn expanded into a study of energy dynamics in the therapeutic relationship, and is thrilled to begin sharing the integration of these skill sets with our professional community.
Working within a feminist relational psychodynamic framework that incorporates somatic and transpersonal elements, Gwyn sees clients in private practice in Berkeley and Oakland under the supervision of Elena Moser, LCSW. Gwyn also provides coaching to fellow therapists interested in aligning their businesses with their political and spiritual values.
POSTPONED (originally Sunday, January 21, 2018)
Crimson Gate Meditation Center
3824 Grand Avenue, Oakland, CA 94610
$80 for licensed therapists
$60 for prelicensed therapists
Limited to 12 participants
This workshop is meant for therapists and counselors who are currently in practice. Some prior experience with meditation, qigong, or receiving energy work is helpful but not required.
Before 1/7/18: Full refund minus a $15 processing fee. 1/7/18 or later: No refund available, but the registration fee can be transferred to someone else.
Please email the instructor as soon as possible in the event of a cancellation or transfer of registration.
No CE credits are available for this workshop.
Would you like to be notified when this course is offered again? Contact the instructor at firstname.lastname@example.org.